Tuesday, February 5, 2013

As of late...

We are having a good ole time over here. The weather is starting to turn warm, and we're getting to spend more time outside. William LOVES being outside. We try to go out for a walk every evening. We both think it makes William a happier boy. Last night we went on a bike ride to the park a few miles down the road, then we hiked up a hill that has a clear view of the Vegas valley. It was gorgeous! I love being active outside with my boys. I hope boy C2 likes it too!

Rich has been working hard. (one of the pics is of him and a work buddy. We do quite a bit with their family which is really nice!) He is enjoying the Young Men's calling, and keeping consistently busy with it. He's a good influence for these young boys.

I am now 21 weeks along- woop woop! I can feel boy C2 a lot more now. It makes me so happy to feel him kick around. A friend from church was selling their son's crib, and we were able to snatch it up from them (tender mercy!) We set it up in his room on Saturday and it has me so stoked! We went out to Target afterwards and I was tempted to buy all his bedding and fun room things, but my diligent frugal sweetheart reigned me in (dang it!) We need to paint both boys' rooms, so we have quite a bit of work to do. It's weird to me that both of them will be in cribs, so I'll have two nurseries set up.

William genuinely cracks me up! He is learning that he can do things that get a reaction out of us, so he especially likes acting crazy to see what we'll do. (he is currently trying to bite my toes because it made me laugh the first time!) He can say "mama" and "dada" but nothing else yet. I am trying to tell him what things are as much as possible without feeling like a parrot. We will say, "where?!" and he knows to point or hold our hands and lead us to where he wants to go. He loves to suck on rocks... Yea... We watch him closely. It doesn't take long for him to spit them out.

Church is a lost cause with William. I need to get some long dresses/skirts and flats so that our wrestling matches can be less stressful... I am pretty sure one day I am going to break an ankle, or flash the congregation. I'd like to avoid both! In April he'll join the nursery, which is happy and sad, but only sad because it means he's getting bigger faster than I thought possible!

Life is good in our neighborhood— thank Heaven!

0 comments: