Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bundle of BOY Joy!

Today we went in for my 20 week ultrasound. (Technically I'm just 19 weeks today...) Rich and I could hardly wait to find out if we are having a boy or girl. I have never been able to tell- no special feelings or anything cool like that. We both really want a girl, so I think because we wanted it to be a girl I pictured it as a girl.

After waiting a good hour to be seen, we finally got to go back to the ultrasound room! My heart was thudding with anticipation! Our sweet one was curled up in a tight little ball, so the tech checked all other aspects of his body first. Good news: no cleft lip/pallet, no club foot, no spina biffida, two sides of his brain, functioning kidneys, and a rapidly beating healthy heart! Few! He has all his body parts! After much (and I mean much!) persuasion he finally opened up to give us a little peep of his manhood. It's probably never so exciting to see a little private part as it is when it's telling you the gender of your child! (Please don't interpret that awkwardly, because it slightly sounds awkward!)

Because I had imagined a little girl I was shocked to see that it was another little boy! My heart is full of gratitude. It is astounding to see the black and white images of a tiny little boy and know I will be his mother for eternity. It fills me with awe and wonder to see him moving about, and to know that my wonderful husband and I created him out of love.

As was my hope with William, I hope to qualify to be this boy's mother. I hope to fill his life with the beauties this world has to offer. I hope that he and William will get along and can be dear friends throughout their lives. I pray for the inspiration to come to me when I need it so that I will be able to know how to best meet this little one's needs. I hope to shower him with love and the tools to navigate life.

I am so grateful I get to be a mom to another little boy!! It is a huge blessing to have Rich by my side as a loving, supportive spouse and dad. He is already wonderful with Will, I know he'll be wonderful with this one too!

So if you have any boy names you'd like to donate to our idea list, please do! We don't really have any!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats Jessi! Boys are so busy and so fun! I'm happy for you!

Kyle & Melanie Kropf said...

Such precious photos!! What an exciting time! You are the best mommy ever. :)

Unknown said...

Boy names : David , Matthew

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.