I love this time of year! I get so giddy seeing Christmas lights, enjoying cold weather which requires coats, scarves, and boots, and promotes the drinking of hot chocolate and delicious goodies!
Our street here is basically the bomb . com. Everyone has gone all out in their houses and it looks amazing down our street! The spirit of cheer and good will is in the air, and I've been trying a little harder to do things a little bit nicer. It's a lovely time :)
Last week we had our ward Christmas sacrament meeting and since I am the ward chorister (laugh with me about that one!) I got to lead the congregation and musicians in some beautiful hymns. One was "Angels We Have Heard On High," with the organ, 2 pianists, and 1 flutist. As I led the congregation into sining, "Glo-o-o-o-o-ria..." my heart about burst open and an unexpected rush of tears came to my eyes. I imagined us all really sining that song to Him, and I couldn't help but feel a strong sense of the Spirit. I love how much we get to focus on Christ during this season. It fills my heart with gratitude to picture His pure life starting in such humble circumstances, and then lived out in perfection to the Father's will. He has become a dear friend to me over the years, and I truly love Him.
William has been a character to be around! He is learning so much. There are sometimes where I really feel like he is listening to everything I'm saying and taking it all in. Downstairs we has a couch and a little chair facing each other. He has taken to sitting in re chair while we're on the couch and "talking" to us. It cracks us up!
Rich has been busy working and picking up his retiring boss' workload. It has been good for him. He's happiest when he has lots to keep working on, so that makes me happy that he's happy! He is in the young men's and is a great leader. He is learning how to handle a bunch of deacons who can hardly sit still for more than 32.3 seconds.
I've been trying to keep my house clean, challenge myself with some new skill-building tasks (if they go well I may share some time...), and most of all chasing Mr. Destructo around as e goes from cupboard to cupboard exploring what it has to offer.
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment