I think I am consistently blogging about change. I used to cringe at the sight or sound of the word, but I realize I'm rather hopelessly addicted to it... I am a woman of patterns and comfort. It's nice to have my routine, nice to have everything at the tip of my fingers, and nice to have my life in order.
When Richard and I were first married, our anticipated plan was to wait two years or so and then start a family. In fact, after we got married I was so scared about the fact that we could potentially make a baby that I would be stoked out of my mind when "that time of the month" came to visit. Then six or so months later BAM! The magical pregnancy fairy came and hit us over the head and helped us realize we wanted to start our sweet family MUCH earlier than we had planned. We had William soon there after, and have felt blessed every day because of this charming little boy.
After having William and going through the healing process (yikes..!) I was again set on not having another baby for a good two years (as in Will turns two THEN we start thinking about a number two baby). I'm not sure if my mind became overly sleep drugged once William started sleeping through the night, but quicker than we anticipated, the pregnancy fairy was back to bashing us upside the head with baby number two! We went back and forth a lot, especially with the timing. We want our kids to be close, but to not make us lose our sanity close...
I joke about the pregnancy fairy because really we know it is inspiration for our little family. It is interesting to see the patterns the Lord uses with us. Both of us, in a relatively short period of time have had our hearts changed- especially when we have prayed to follow Heavenly Father's timing for us. Since we live in Vegas, my stipulation to God and Richard was that I would gladly have a baby, but I will NOT be pregnant (huge prego) in the suuuper hot months of July and Aug.
Apparently God really does care about the desires of a little momma, and is willing to work with us as we are willing to do His will. We found out that we will be having our sweet second baby around the 18th of June! It couldn't have cut closer to July! We are so excited, and feel incredibly blessed!!
I am feeling a little bit more sick than with William, but I am so much better off than most women! Food, though I want more of it, is not appealing at all. Potatoes have never tastes so good! And salt... I might as well lick a salt cube it's that good ;) I am battling complete and utter lack of motivation, which makes my goal of working out this whole pregnancy feel impossible to achieve. I hope to be able to help William understand a little better (especially as he gains more comprehension) that we'll be having a baby, but we'll see...
I know things are going to be challenging, but in my opinion when are they not? I can't wait to meet this little one. I'm already dying to know if it is a boy or a girl. We think having a girl next would be awesome, but would love a boy too! Both precious to boot, both different anticipation!
So on to new adventures and CHANGE!!!
Monday, November 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Cute pics! I am so excited for you guys! I, too, am afraid for my sanity when thinking about having another little one, and the fact that I KNOW I am going to be so lazy the first few weeks of pregnancy. That scares me the most!I am excited your family is growing bigger and that you get to re-use all the little boy clothes you have already! That's a blessing :)
Post a Comment