Sunday, July 1, 2012

Modesty Mutual Night

Last Wednesday, my good friend Christine and I did a modesty night for the young women in our ward. We had a blast preparing it, and did our best to give the girls a clear understanding of what is modest and what's immodest.

As we worked on preparing for this night, I feel like I was blessed to develop a great love for these girls; a love akin to the love their Father in Heaven and Savior hold for them.

Being on the other side of things now (married in the temple and a mom), I feel an urgency for these girls to choose to make good choices now. I realize that every decision they make influences their futures and opportunities. I truly believe their potential is endless based upon their choices.

One of the biggest blessings of this life is the ability to use our agency. It's a personal matter every time we make a decision to do or not do something. It's clear to me now why God cares so much about the little decisions in our lives. While they may seem small now, they lead to a greater end picture.

I hope that our girls will choose to have the courage to stand apart and stylishly embrace the challenge and counsel to dress modestly in all occasions. I know It has made a huge difference in my life, despite it being a seemingly small matter.

0 comments: