My baby brother goes to the MTC on Wed. My heart is breaking and happy at the same time. I am so proud of my little brother. He is made up of pure genuine drive and has always tried to do his best in everything (well, maybe not chores... ;)).
I'm still the protective big sister that wants to be there to pump him up when he feels down. I've never been to Canada, but I trust that the people there will take good care of him.
There's a lot to be said about these young Mormon teenagers who give back to the Lord by donating 2 years of their lives to His service. Travis has been anxious to serve a mission for a long time. It gives you insight into the goodness of his heart. He is still young and immature in ways; but I know that he'll come back the man God sees him as. His mission will help him grow in ways he would take many, many years to develop if he didn't go.
I know he'll be sacrificing a lot. I know it won't be all sunshine and roses. I trust that it will all be for his benefit and gain. I trust that God will watch over and protect him.
I feel so blessed to be this rockin kid's sister. He is a great friend to me. He's a great example to our family.
Trav, tear it up! We love you so much and are praying hard for you!!
Sunday, July 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment