Thursday, June 21, 2012

23 Years and Couting

I'm getting old... Okay, not really, but how am I turning 23 today?? In taking a little self evaluation of my character and accomplishments, and this is what I've come up with...
Accomplishments:
-Graduated college in 3 years
-Played soccer and won 3 championships and had a blast with my friends
-Met and married the man of my dreams (I still get goofy when I see him walk through our door...)
-Made and had a baby boy! (motherhood)
-Moved more in one year than most people do their whole lives

Character:
-in the world if doughnuts, I'm the ooey gooey sticky bun (very sentimental and lovey and I express it more than your average doughnut ;))
-I'm better at change and accepting not knowing when my i's will be dotted and my t's crossed
-I have staunch feelings about motherhood and precious babies
-I've realized I have a long road to trudge to sainthood, but am okay taking it easy on myself in the condemnation department ;) I feel happy with the spiritual growth I've experienced
-Being a mom means more to me than having my teaching degree, and I love that
-I've accepted the fact that there are parts of my body that will never be the same after having Will, and love that I could grow a baby in me (he charms the heck out of me!)
-I take great pride in my family

Life is sweet. There are hard decisions and trials to face. there are questions I still am trying to figure out the "why" to, and others whose answers have been written in my heart. There are times of loneliness, happiness, sorrow, and joy. There are times of miscommunication and belly aching laughter. I'm just glad I've been saddled with someone who rides the journey well. Ya... Life is good.



3 comments:

Erika said...

Mad props to you for accepting that your body has changed since having a baby! I still cringe when I see my hips in the mirror, but that's something I can't change so I guess I should (wo)man up and accept it too :) Happy Birthday! Wish our little ones could play together; Ada LOVES boys.

Rohatinsky Family said...

So cute! You inspire me and I needed to hear what you just said about motherhood and body changes. So glad you're my sis.

Rohatinsky Family said...

So cute! You inspire me and I needed to hear what you just said about motherhood and body changes. So glad you're my sis.