This past week we flew back home to California to spend an early Christmas with Richard's family. Boy was it nice to be back on the west coast!! His parents have moved since we were last with them, so it was fun to explore their new area. They moved really close to where we took our honeymoon in Carmel, so we were stoked to go back for a visit :)
William had his first airplane ride. He did remarkably well. A nice lady swapped seats with us so that we could have the row with three seats and she'd take the one with two seats. It really helped to have some extra elbow room.
William slept most of the trip, it was so cute!
Rich's grandma Shirley and aunt Gail came down from Auburn for an afternoon visit. They are so dang cute. Grandma Shirley made William a really cute blanket and pillow and made us some incredible hand towels. This woman is talented!
We went out on the wharf in Monterey. It was a little chilly, but as fun as ever to check out the shops.
While there a lady asked if one of us would model for her so that she could use her cartoon drawing as a display to get customers. Of course Richard threw me under the chopper... and I had to sit and smile at the middle distance for what seemed like forever! At least she gave me a hot bod ;)
My parents and Nana came down for William's baby blessing. It was such a treasure to have them there. It was tender to see my wonderful husband, father, father-in-law, and brother-in-law hold my baby in their arms and give him a name and a blessing. I heart my family! (My mom has better pictures from the blessing on her blog)
Isn't she beautiful?
We went on several walks while in California. I love the crisp air there! Where Rich's parents live there's a lot of wild life, especially deer. They are pretty tame/ used to people being around. They'd hardly move when you were near.
Such beautiful rolling hills!
William is beginning to smile a lot! He's a pretty social baby and really likes having people around. He'll be happy when he's not an only child I am sure.
The lovely Carmel beach! I LOVE IT THERE! Ahh, if only we could go there every day. I love the white sandy beach and how beautiful the surrounding area is. Despite it being cold it was so fun to get to hang out and take William to the beach for his first time.
Such a handsome man!
I adore our little family...
We stopped here at these logs and ate a yummy picnic lunch. Rich fed the crows more than I wanted him to and we made friends with a little boy who came to visit because we had all the birdies by us ;)
I love the faces William makes! He can look so concerned!
Carmel is full of enchanting places... I could walk the streets for hours in heaven!
Don't you want to go in?!
Rich's dad, Brent, with little William. They couldn't get enough of him, and I don't blame them!
Dallas, muah, and Susie AKA mom :)
Mom and Son. So cute.
All in all, California rocks. We miss it. Can't wait to go back.


0 comments:
Post a Comment