William has officially had his first haircut! After our trip to California, we decided it needed some help. It only took me about 3 weeks to be okay with us cutting it. Up until then the thought of cutting his hair made me want to cry! Haha, welcome to motherhood. William did really well though and hardly noticed what we were doing, much to our relief!
I have officially been traumatized by shots. They've never bothered me much until having to hold my little boy down as he was jabbed three times by those sharp needles. I know it's totally for the best, but it broke my heart completely to have him so sad. I took the day to emotionally recover with William...
Okay, this is absolutely not a very flattering picture of me, but William's face CRACKS ME UP!! The flash went off and boy did it throw him for a loop!
We spent our first Christmas together as a little family without either of our parents/siblings. It was lonely in some respects, but also felt cozy and fun. We're starting our own traditions now which we both get excited about!
After Christmas, William and I went to Lincoln City, OR to be with my family (Rich had to stay back in MN for work... it was lame). We had such a great time together!! It was really fun for me to get to show off my cute little boy to my fam. Needless to say he got super spoiled with lots of love and attention- just the way it should be :)
We went to the aquarium one day and had a fun time looking at all the fish, etc.
The charming-as-ever Mr and Mrs Rohatinsky and baby to be! (ONLY 5 MORE WEEKS UNTIL BABY GIRL ROHAT COMES!!!!!)
Isn't that the cutest face you've ever seen?! Shaffer was loving running in the tunnels they have at the aquarium.
Mumsie and Poppa with William (yes, he is in the picture... just all tucked away!)
Alan showing William some of the fishies- He's focusing real hard on them ;)
Two of my favorite boys! Logan is becoming even more fun to play with- he jabbers about anything and everything and asks, "Cause why?!", "What you doing, Jessi (or whomever he's talking to)?" and "What's Wi-Ll-iam doing? Ahww, so silly!"
Ty and Alan with sweet baby boy. It was SO nice to see them. It had been such a long time since we'd been together.
Despite the fact that this picture isn't in perfect focus, I LOVED watching Logan with my mom. It was so cute to see him point to all the "Bruce's" (sharks).
Shaffer got ahold of the little rattling stroller and was having a blast pushing it around. Jena was a trooper and walked with him everywhere to make sure he didn't run over innocent bystanders ;) Jena is a complete trooper. Her foot is still on the mend but she's up and running all the time. She's tough as nails that girl!
Looking at "Bruce."
One morning I brought William into my parent's bedroom to find my mom snuggling with Logan and Shaffer. We added William to the lovin' and boy did he dig it! He was non stop smiles at Logan and Shay. It was so precious!
I told Logan to smile so I could take a picture... this is what I got! Good morning to you too buddy ;)
William getting some snuggle time in with uncle Brad.
At the house we stayed at there was a little cat that kept coming around (she acted like she belonged there...) Ty, being the compassionate animal loving man he is, couldn't help but bring the kitty in for just a little bit. The kids, and grandmas, loved getting to pet her! Saige loved looking at her through the glass door but wasn't so sure about her once she was inside.
The guys watched a lot of football following their bowl picks. I'm not a football follower at all, so I didn't even realize it was bowl game time... oops!
Saige is ONE already!!! She had her one year old birthday while we were all together. She is such a little cutie! She has really gotten the walking thing down, it's so fun to see her waddle here and there and try to balance herself.
Logan and Shaffer are WAY into cars! I loved having them tell me the names of their cars and watch them play with them. By far their favorite is, "Yellow Jeff."
Shaffer and Saige with the kitty.
While we were together, I got the terrible stomach flu and was throwing up like crazy! Jena was an absolute ANGEL and basically took over watching William for me. She set up his pack n' play next to her at night and brought William into me when he needed to eat. She even stayed with me and helped change and burp William because I was so drained of energy that holding William to burp him was almost impossible. She did all of this without me knowing that she herself wasn't feeling too hot. Bless her beautiful, wonderful soul. I can't express how grateful I was and am for her help. She is a saint and the most charitable person I know. She is always doing nice things for people without expecting anything in return. Some day I WILL repay the favor, Jen!!
The beautiful Molly Ann! After the vacation with the fam. I went up to Portland to catch my flight out and stayed a night with Brad and Molly. It was so nice to have some one-on-one time with Molly to just chat about this that and the other thing. She is such an incredible person. I wish we lived closer so that we could hang out like that more often.
William has officially graduated to 6 month old jammies! He's such a big boy that technically his size is 6 mo old clothes!! CRAZY!
In Lincoln City they have an awesome outlet strip mall. We hit it up... and it hit my bank account... They had awesome sales on their kids clothes and I just couldn't help but get William a few things...!
This is our beautiful gingerbread house! Rich and I had a blast feeling like kids putting it together :)
William has a new bath seat! It is the best thing ever! It works great for us because it's completely collapsable but lets us bathe him in the tub rather than having to hold him in the shower to bathe him. He LOVES his seat! And well... so do we! Rich and I have endless amounts of fun pouring bowls full of water over his cute, round belly. He gives us the best smiles too. I swear 90% of his bath time is spent trying to get him to smile at us, haha.
And with that we are set and ready for this new year to kick off! We anticipate several moves to new places, meeting new friends, developing stronger patterns and habits for our family, getting a new niece in the family, having Travis leave for his mission (sad and happy about that...), and watching William grow at a rapid rate! Bring it all on 2012- we're stoked you're here!


3 comments:
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to read your comments and really look hard at the pictures. This is a fabulous post! Thanks for sharing your precious pictures. I LOVE the smiles on William's face during his bath.
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to read your comments and really look hard at the pictures. This is a fabulous post! Thanks for sharing your precious pictures. I LOVE the smiles on William's face during his bath.
I, too, love Williams little smirk in the top bath tub picture! I had a great time getting bonus hang-out time with you, too!...sorry that we made you sick..boo... That pic of me is ridiculous- ha! What was I thinking?
Post a Comment