With the end of Richard's project in Iowa, we now find ourselves living in the beautiful state of Minnesota! We're still not sure how long we'll be here for, but we're definitely loving the change of pace from our small town of Atlantic to the big city of Minneapolis. Both have their redeeming qualities, but as my dad said, "you're a city girl raised in the country." I really do love all the things there are to do here in Minneapolis- it's refreshing to have more than a Super Wal Mart to shop at.
A few baby developments:
William is starting to figure out how to smile while he's awake, although it's not really b/c we're doing anything in particular to make him smile...
He grunts like crazy to try to pass his gas. It's actually really annoying at night because it keeps me awake. Any suggestions on a cure for grunting?! (seriously... any, any at all would be great!)
William followed his little puppy rattle with his eyes for the first time! He's starting to be able to focus on things better.
He is having more awake time (about 4 hours in the morning/ early afternoon and another 4 or so in the evening).
He is sleeping pretty well, except for the grunting... it kills us all!
He's still a great eater although he's shortening his feed time, which isn't a problem yet.
He loves to be snuggled and is starting to cry when we leave him by himself for "too long" (I promise we don't neglect him, it's a healthy amount of time so we can get things done!)
And lastly, he's helping double the amount of laundry I do in a given week with all the spitting up he's doing. I think he thinks I like doing laundry... I'll have to try to fix that misconception ;)
Alrighty, I am a complete picture lover, so be prepared for excessive amounts of pictures now and to come (you can even see my other blog for more "artsy"(?) ones, that's how much I love them!)
Nov. 3- One week old next to Oso (the bear Richard got me for our first Valentines Day together :))
Spending some tummy time on the beautiful blanket Aunty Whittlee made him!
Nov. 4- Some snuggle time together
William loves to sleep w/ his arms up like this. In fact, if I try to swaddle him w/ them down he wakes up and fights the blanket 'til they're out.
At 10 days old he lost his umbilical cord, yay!
This reminds me of Grandpa Bob, so long and tall.
William has long fingers and feet- it's amazing!
All handsome and ready for church :) We spiked his hair a little for the first time- love it!
Our cute little fam- can't get enough of them!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment