What does this girl do when she can't sleep because of sharp pregnancy pains?? Yep, she blogs ;)
This past weekend Rich had one of his glorious rotations, yahoo! We took off and met up with our friends from BYU-I and had a blast of a weekend up in Nauvoo, IL.
Our first stop was to see the gorgeous temple. One day we will plan it out just right so that we can go in and attend a session, it's a must!
That stud muffin right there is my hubby... I just have to brag because he's so darn good lookin'!
This is my 35 weeks shot- he is getting SO huge. There is not nearly as much room for the two of us anymore. Bending down, leaning forward, and even sitting are becoming laborious! I feel like he's dropped a significant amount (even more than in this picture), as in pretty soon here I'm going to start walking with him in between my thighs rather than my tummy area. This freaks my mom and I out a little seeing that we planned for her to come out here a few days AFTER my due date... not BEFORE... but who knows? This guy could just be a low rider and I'll end up going over after all, time will tell!
We took a carriage ride through the country side of Nauvoo. They told us some awesome stories about the early saints and we soaked it up. It was a little chilly, but it felt perfect out there and definitely sacred in many ways.
Our cute friends Dan, Laura, and their baby Jackson. We were SO glad to get to meet up with them!
We also got to go into the different homesteads that they have, and got the low down on what life would have been like for those early saints. I feel very spoiled to have my running water, non-creaking floor, AC as well as heat.
Okay dad, this is the picture that's for you. Were we right? Is it German? If so, what does it say?!
We also went into some of the old "stores" they had back in the day. This is the blacksmith shop.
I am a sucker for how pretty horses are! Too bad I am SO allergic to them.
This is what happens when Rich makes me laugh too hard and I already have to go to the bathroom... No I did not pee my pants, but yes, I had to kneel down to prevent it!
On our second day, we went to Carthage Jail. I remember going here with my dad and sister while she was going to the JSA. It's the one place that I really remember thinking, "wow... what we have (meaning the gospel) is really unique..." I am very grateful for the loving sacrifices people all throughout the ages make for truth.
The general store-
It was SO fun to have a little get away weekend, and to be able to spend so much time with my hubby. I'm way grateful for the chance we have to go see the "world" together :)


3 comments:
Jess you are too cute! And lucky you, getting to go to Nauvoo! I'm jealous! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. Keep your eye out for a package ; )
Nice job sharing pictures! You're the best!
Aww....good ol' Nauvoo! I love your pictures. I can't believe I have missed all your amazing posts lately. I need to check back more often.
Love the picture of you on the floor laughing. It actually reminds me of a quote that I saw on Pinterest that said, "I laughed so hard that tears ran down my leg!". Bahaha. Just wait until after you've had William...Rich better not make you laugh for a good 6 months. :)
Post a Comment