Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Iowa

Who would have thought the Constantine's would get sent to IOWA?! If you're like me, this is one of the last places I imagined us, but bam! Here we are!
At the end of our week in Minnesota, Rich was informed that he would be joining the Renewable Energy Group, working on windmills down in Massena, Iowa.  With that, we reloaded all our belongings and set off to find a place to live near his work.  Thankfully we were able to go to church the day after we got here, and the branch members flocked us with love and information.  We were SO grateful.
After hunting for an apartment amongst some nasty, filthy, make-your-skin-crawl places, we found the gem of all gems! A beautiful, clean, SAFE place to live! The landowners are the kindest people, and the space is nearly quadruple what we had in, Rexburg, yay :)

 Part of our living/family room
 The kitchen/dining area
 The baby's room plus Rich's guitar room
 Our bedroom
 Rich and his new obstacle course- Run as fast as you can and leap over the couch onto the lovesac!
 One of the prettiest places in our "down town" area :) 
 Our weekly date night (they can't come soon enough for me!)
 33 weeks and getting a bit crowded in there! 
 Our trip to Omaha, NB- they have some pretty parks!!
 Not that you can see it very well below, but it's a Ford factory, Rich's fav!

So far living here has been full of adjustments. Some of which include, Rich working close to 13 hours a day (leaving me here by myself all day with no way to get around), living in a SMALL town of 7,000 people, getting to know people/a new branch, finding things to do, and simply making our space feel like "home."
I'll be real and admit that it hasn't been as easy or as much fun as I thought it would be.  I look at moving around a lot more in our future and think, "Man, do we really want to do this?" But with the struggles have come the blessings too.  I've decided to branch out a little bit and start a new blog (ConstantLifeLessons.blogspot.com) just talking about some of the things I am learning and going through in an effort to keep me, you guessed it, learning, sane, and progressing. Then hopefully I can maintain or obtain (not sure which??) the attitude that my glass is "half full" rather than "half empty."
We'll see how it goes, and will still keep you posted on how things are on this one, too!

2 comments:

Rohatinsky Family said...

LOVE your house Jess. You have a lot of space, and it's super clean and new. I'm so excited to see pictures. And your prego picture is to-die-for adorable. It makes me so excited to start showing. =)

mom/Anne said...

Hey I love the pictures!!! It's so fun to see where you live. I am so excited to come out there and to meet the members of your branch and to get aquainted with Atlantic. I love your place. It looks great. And you are blessed to have such great landlords.