Tuesday, February 22, 2011

One Weekend At Nana's: One Happy Family

For President's Day weekend, Richard and I, as well as Jena and her family headed to Logan to spend the weekend together. I can't even tell you how fun and needed it was! Richard and I always marvel at how awesome it feels to be in a REAL house, and just adore getting to spend time with our cherished family.
As you can see, I tried to take A LOT of pictures... so, bear with me and maybe I can explain some of them? Or, you can just feast your eyes on my ever-so adorable nephews, gorgeous sister, handsome brother-in-law, smokin' fine hubby, and classy grandma :)


Shaffer got his hands on my lipgloss, and simply wanted to suck all the minty goodness out of it, haha.

I came into Richard's and my room to find Logan and Shaff pulling all the pillows off the bed to jump on, and to have Logan tell me, "I naky!"

While Logan was supposed to be napping, he decided to roam around the room and see what he could do to pass the time... He found Jena's bright orangish/red nail polish and decided his toes needed to be painted... That didn't turn out as well as he would have hoped. Jena came in to see a nice big puddle of nail polish on the carpet and a sheepish Logan. He consequently got to spend some extra "alone time" in time-out.
Despite the fact that it was a bummer that the polish got on the carpet, he did manage to get some on his toes!
I cannot tell you how much I simply adored being able to spend time with my nephews! Jena was the coolest and got the boys stoked to see us :) Logan would exclaim, "JESSI! RICHARD!" And the two of us melted into gooey, ga-gas.

Jena and Josh are simply the cutest parents! They do so much with and for their boys. You can't be around them without feeling just how much they adore their cutie pies. Don't Jena and Shaffer look alike in these pictures?

Jena and I wanted to make things as stress-free for grandma as we could, so we took on the weekend cooking to hopefully do something nice for Nana. Whether or not we succeeded is besides the point... We had a ton of fun! We made yummy spaghetti, calzones, and taquitos. They rocked our little sockies right off!




Some other fun was simply watching Logan and Shaffer explore. Shaffer is learning how to feed himself, and boy does he get messy! I figure his food must taste better that way because he really prefers to feed himself.

The boys had fun crawling in, out, and around Nana's tables. They are two peas in a pod, that is for sure!


Logan had some fun time with Nana. She gave him his very own cup full of cereal, and boy did he decide he loves her!
Shaffer also got his very own bowl of cereal and was as happy as a clam. :)


It was so nice to get to have some sister time. Jena has always been my biggest role model. We think nearly exactly the same things, speak the same words, and do the same things that we constantly have to catch ourselves so that we don't sound like an echo. It's a fun quirk to have!
Last, but not least... My dad hooked Richard up with a gun he had left at Uncle Glenn's house. Boy did this ever make Richard a happy man! All he could do on the way home was talk about how nice of a day it was, how cheap amo is for the gun, and how he can hardly wait to go shoot it. I did get slightly scorned for not fully appreciating the value of the gun, or its coolness, but he did let me go out with him while he fired it off in the 24 degree weather. (Yep... that's how badly he wanted to shoot it!) I love my man, and my fam, and three day weekends!

2 comments:

Rohatinsky Family said...

Sweet pics. You had me laughing my head off too. =) Would you mind e-mailing me those pics? When I try to copy them off of your blog they are all blurry. Gracias.

mom/Anne said...

What a GREAT blog!!! Thanks for sharing all those pictures! I love the one of Logan's red toes. Looks like he needs to spend more time watching his daddy do manly things!! ;)