Sunday, October 17, 2010

Student Teaching

You often hear horror stories of how student teaching is a hellish nightmare full of sleepless nights and work coming out of your ears. At first when I heard those tales, I laughed and thought, "Not for me! I will spank student teaching's fanny!" Now I shake my head in shame for ever having such thoughts. Student teaching IS a hellish nightmare and IS full of sleepless nights! Okay, it's not like that all of the time and I really do love teaching, but this week was one that will always be remembered as those things. Richard came home on Thursday to find me like this: Yep, passed out about 15 minutes after starting to write a lesson plan for the next week. I had been sleeping for an hour and could have kept sleeping if he didn't come shake me. On Monday night he captured this photo:
Yep, I had been working on that project for about 5 hours and still had half of it left. At 11:30 PM I decided to call it quits and go to bed so I could wake up at 5 AM and drive my sleepy bones an hour away to teach. Sorry if I have been less than human as of late- I've hardly been able to put one phoneme in front of the other.

2 comments:

Rohatinsky Family said...

=( Sounds miserable. Why don't you come to Klamath with me and Lauren tomorrow? Sorry that's probably like salt in a wound, but I really do want you to come.
Hang in there for just a few more weeks! You are a great teacher!

mom/Anne said...

LOVE the pictures. They speak volumes. I look forward to when you'll have more time for talking to your lonely mother and father!!! We love you so much! And are wonderfully proud of you.
muuuuaaaaahhhhh!