Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween and Other Festivities

Halloween has to be one of the most fun holidays- you get to dress up to be whatever you want to be and have an excuse to eat candy and party hard with good friends! This year we spent our time with wonderful friends from our ward and some long time good friends. We had such a blast. Richard came up with the sweet idea to dress up as Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. We put a nice twist on the love relationship in that story and changed it to Harry and Hermione being in love ;)
Our marvelous friends, the Hamblins, always throw awesome parties, so we enjoyed our festivities over at their adorable house (she's an interior design major and always has something cute goin' on).
Our friends Erika and Neils were very creative in their dress- take a gander at what it is! (He's an e-MALE and she is his attachment!! haha)
The lovely Ciera and her husband Kent rocked the old school dress- I envied her awesome dress!!
Richard was simply a stud- he swooned me all night with his rockin' glasses and lightening scar. He makes a rather convincing wizard if you ask me.


Theses pictures here are some older ones that I have had on my camera for a while, and finally they got put onto the computer so I could do something with them! Again, these are our friends Whittlee and Stewart Hamblin. Whit and I lived next door to each other our sophomore year and instantly became great friends. She and her hubby were high school sweethearts and she told me all about him while he was on his mission. As soon as he got back they got married, and then three months later Richard and I got married, following their footsteps ;) Stew and Richard like blowing things up together, so they have bonded quite well!


These two lovely people (not Richard and I;)) are our neighbors here. They are really sweet and entertain us with games etc.

Jon Schmidt came and performed for BYU-I a few months ago. Richard was on the ball and got us tickets to the concert. We were so anxious to get a good seat, so we arrived a good hour and a half early to the show. It was worth it being on the front row, watching the man perform his magic! He's such a talented musician. He is also VERY funny, which I did not anticipate.


Reaching even further back in time... Richard and I went on a fun drive back in September, off roading to get to this nice spot on the Snake River. It was such a nice day, we thoroughly enjoyed soaking up the sun, skipping rocks, and having a fun picnic! (WARNING: My husband is very manly, and has a bear chest in these pictures... don't drool.)


And lastly, this is our make shift fire pit! Who knew mallows could be roasted so well right inside your home?! S'mores never tasted so yummy :)

2 comments:

Molly M said...

Love reading up on you guys' life! (wow- bad sentence, even worse grammar :) Can you believe student teaching is almost over?!? So happy that you will be 100% officially graduated from college! What an amazing accomplishment! You rock, chick. Is it true Richard will be done in April or June? Thats word on the street. Love ya!

mom/Anne said...

I didn't realize that Witlee is an interior design major. That's awesome! I like what she's done on their wall (what I can see behind bodies).

So I think it's interesting that Richard is bare chested while you are decked out in full coat and all. Hmmmmm?

Glad you are having fun with good friends. :)