Sunday, September 12, 2010

Updates


I'm a wimpy blogger, but this is what has been going down...

I'm going into my 4th week of student teaching. I'm working with 4th graders all the way in Blackfoot (an hr each way, every day... ya, I hate driving by the end of the week). I really do love it. It's definitely hard work, and I am learning a lot, and it's a pretty concrete fact that I adore teaching. My students are a good group of kids, and they definitely provide opportunities for me to try out different discipline strategies to keep them on that straight and narrow ;)

Richard began school last week, and so far so good. It's hard for him to not miss the working world, especially since it brought some nice cash flow into our savings account (or into our school account?), but he's working hard to be able to get done with school in a year, rather than a year and a half so that we can get on with life.

We miss Virginia- There were a lot of fun things to do there, but it is great to be closer to our families (or at least only one time zone apart from them).

Our little apartment is nice and cozy. Richard has been a gem and has really done a lot to make things easier for me as I have been doing a lot for student teaching etc and don't have as much time to clean or cook.

These are some old pictures, but they're a little shout out to the family that we miss oh so much!

X's and O's :)









1 comments:

mom/Anne said...

cute pictures! thanks for the update.
love you!