Richard and I are now only 2 weeks and 1 day away from getting married!! We couldn't be more thrilled or ready for it to be here!
Richard has been offered an amazing construction internship with Mortenson Construction (kind of crazy right?!) and we are so excited for him to be able to do that this summer. It will take us to either Virginia, Georgia, or Texas. As a result of Richard getting this internship, I will now be postponing my student teaching until the fall- which actually will work out nicely, I think. I will be able to student teach here locally in Idaho and hopefully get my foot in the door with the schools/ districts around here and woo them into wanting to hire me for the next year! ;)
Other than those exciting factors, life is simply busy. I feel like the days are just swirling past me and I almost lose track of the weeks. It's nice in the sense that it makes it feel like our wedding will be right here, but it's chaotic to be able to meet the various dead lines that are coming. I figure this is what most of life will be like though, and so I am grateful for being able to manage my time fairly well to get it all done. It's nice too because Richard keeps me sane, as well as my good friends, making sure I take time to play here and there.
I realize more and more just how blessed I am to have all of the helpful support from my family and friends, and for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Without getting too "preachy," but in expressing deep gratitude, I am thankful to have divine guidance over me, and to know that someone with an eternal perspective has His hand in my life. The peace and joy, as well as direction that the gospel brings into my life is exquisite and so needed, especially in times of distress and turmoil. I thank God for helping me be who I am and for stretching me to become who I want to be.


1 comments:
It seriously goes by SO fast. I kinda miss those days... Traveling almost every weekend (My dress was in Bend, my endowments were in Portland, and we were married in Sacramento) with Jerry, the amazing rush you got when you realized you were one day closer to the wedding or when you were one task closer to the ultimate goal... So tender! Seriously, cherish it, it's a wonderful time, your last days as an engaged couple and the first days as a married couple as well! It's so fun!
The married club is anxiously awaiting your arrival! :-) Congratulations!
Post a Comment