Thank you dear readers for waiting so long to hear our engagement/ love story!
Sunday January 10, 2010, Richard and I went for a little Sunday night stroll. Seeing as how we like to take walks, I thought nothing peculiar of this walk we were going on. As we were walking up to the gardens Richard asked me about my biggest dreams now, and we spent our time going back and forth asking each other like questions. It was so nice to be able to talk about the important things to us and our future together, etc…
After we got to the gardens, Richard and I started goofing off, throwing snowballs and playing “tag.” Once we had played around for a little bit Richard lead me up by the Ricks building (for those of you who know BYU-I campus). There he proceeded to blindfold me! In his words we were "doing a little experiment/ game." Once I was blindfolded, Richard had me begin to walk, following the sound of his voice. I was a little bit scared because I was in boots, a skirt, and not to mention, I was blindfolded for what seemed like forever! After he had led me quite some distance, he came to a door. I hear Richard fiddling with some keys and thought to myself, "Where in the world are we?!? And what building does Richard have keys to?!" Upon unlocking the door, Richard led me in to a room (I had no idea what room it was). There he had me stop and count from 100 backwards! I was a bit nervous and felt a little silly because I was counting out loud backwards unaware of where on earth I was. When I got to 15, Richard came back, and led me into another room. Once I got to zero, Richard took of my blindfold, and there I saw it....
Richard had taken me into the "Jungle Greenhouse" where there were lush green trees, bushes, and flowers decked out in white lights. There was a waterfall leading down to a small pond with a little wooden bridge over it. Around the rim of the pond Richard had set up little candles, and had our favorite music playing. It was the most beautiful, romantic sight I have ever seen! At this point my heart was racing. I was REALLY hoping that this was really IT, that Richard would be proposing to me then and there. As he led me down the rock steps toward the little pond area, he built up our conversation to the point where he said, "there is just one thing that needs to happen before all our dreams can come true... Jessica Lynne Mortenson, will you marry me?" With that I began to cry (yes, I'm a sap head!) and gradually gained enough composure to say, "YES!" We then spent the next while hugging, smiling, dancing, kissing, hugging, and relishing the moment of ecstasy!
And that there friends is OUR story... :)


3 comments:
You're a tease. And I hope you finish this story SOON or I'm going to have to call your mother for the ending!!
Thanks for the details! What a wonderful and romantic engagement.
And I'm sorry that life is so stressful! I hope you feel better soon! That will help. And thank goodness you had Richard's shoulder to cry on. That also helps. Love doubles our joys and divides our sorrows.
I love you dear!
SOOOO cute. Richard, you're a romantic- I love it- make sure to stay that way!!! =) You guys are so cute and I think I might be more excited about your wedding than the both of you. Okay....probably not, but it's a close 2nd.
Post a Comment