Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Marriage!

So its been officially 4 weeks since Richard and I got married... wow, how time flies! We are now living in VIRGINIA! Where the grass literally is greener and the sun shines often. We've loved it thus far. Uncle Lee (my mom's brother) and his wife, Aunt Kim, have been SO helpful and supportive of us. They really have made Virginia feel like our home away from home and have willingly open their home to us, for which we are indebted to them.
Richard loves his internship with Mortenson Construction (no relation to my Mortenson fam) as a construction manager. He's learning all the ropes of the profession and is blessed to work with great guys whom he gets along with well. He has an hour commute one way, so we get the joy of waking up VERY early together, I make his lunch, see him off, then he goes to work and I go to bed for a little longer... Yep, I get the better deal on this! I'm working at the LOFT (Ann Taylor) and I really enjoy it thus far. I get to do a bit of everything and am very grateful for the employment and chance to do something slightly productive with my time (if folding clothes and talking to women about fashion is considered productive... maybe it's just the money making part that's productive! haha)
Beyond the nitty gritty work stuff, married life ROCKS OUR SOCKS! Richard is a fabulous hubby and we're just having fun together. I realized after 4 days in the car together, I became VERY fond of his company. I really love being around Richard and his positive energy. We've been enjoying running together and looking at all the pretty houses around Lee and Kim's place.
Life is great and exciting- there's something to be said about keeping the commandments and what it does for a marriage!

1 comments:

The Knapp Fam said...

You said it sister! Married life rocks our socks too! You should take some pictures of Virginia. I wanna see just how pretty it is!