Sunday, November 8, 2009

SOCCER CHAMPIONS!

Lady Vikings~ La Chamipons! ;) 
Last Friday the only way we could play our soccer game was if we shoveled off the turf fields because they were covered in a layer of snow/ slush.  Being the dedicated soccer players we are, we all showed up and spent a good hour + shoveling snow so that we could play!  
The game we played on Friday (11/6) against the undefeated team in the league. 
After winning the championship game we had a little huddle to talk about our win/ the success of our team.  We had to pause and say a little prayer of thanks for the Lord blessing us so much! It was such a beautiful season!
Time to celebrate :) 

This semester I decided to coach a competitive girls soccer team.  At times I have wondered, "WHAT ON EARTH WAS I THINKING?!"  I had no idea what it takes to be an effective coach, and boy did I ever get a crash course in 'coaching 101.'  After a season full of ups and downs with injured players, practice attendance, and game records, we made it to the play offs.  Our first game was against a team which we were pretty sure we could beat, but our second game was the one where we really knew we would have to pick it up.  We played against the undefeated team in the league, and ended up beating them 5-1!  We were so shocked.  This win enabled us to go to the championship game... EXCITING!  The game was crazy... so save time (because I am sure this is not very interesting to many, haha) I will just say that it went back and forth, into over time and then into PKs.  The other team shot first, and their player shot too wide, missing the goal consequently.  All of my girls made their goals, so this put us as the CHAMPIONS!  The next 15 minutes after our last goal was full of yelling, jumping up and down, and picture taking. The Lord really did look after us and helped us play an incredible game of soccer.
The Lord truly does have a way of teaching us important life lessons... through coaching he taught me patience, planning, service, and how to be a better friend.  

1 comments:

mom/Anne said...

Nice work! Way to serve, learn, be healthy, and have fun! I am really happy that you had a good experience and that you were able to win yet again.