Monday, June 22, 2009

Poppa!



I know this is a day late, but I was just looking through my pictures and came across a few of my dad that I couldn't resist posting.  
It is not a secret to many that I have the greatest dad in the world! I admire him for many reasons.  One of those reasons is his ability to selflessly give of himself.  My dad is always doing things to make people happy and comfortable.  Growing up there was nothing he wouldn't do to help us out, and he is still that way today.  My dad has one of the most tender hearts.  I know that seems contradictory to "male toughness", but it has been the biggest blessing to our family.  Another one of my favorite things about my dad is his ability to sense when something is wrong.  He has a way of knowing when he needs to step in and give me counsel and advise.  I love how close he is to the spirit and how wise he is with his guidance.  I've never doubted my dad's judgement (even when I really wanted him to be wrong!)  I love that my dad is willing to give me lots of hugs and compliments.  I think that is one reason why Jena and I have grown up feeling confident and secure.  We always have had a dad who adores us and believes the best in us, even when other male influences made us feel a bit insecure at times! 
I truly am blessed to have such a fabulous dad! 
:) 

1 comments:

mom/Anne said...

You said it so well. I love those things about your dad, as well. We are all blessed by his tender heart and his wisdom.