On Thursday, Richard celebrated his 22nd birthday! I wanted to make it a fun day for him, especially since he is far from home and close friends. I decided to plan a little treasure hunt, picnic, and surprise "party" for him. This week just happened to be the busiest week for me school wise, so I spent a lot of time staying up late at night, scheming what to do, and then waking up far too early to read scriptures and study before classes began. Despite the craze from running round like a mad woman, I think his celebrations were a success!
For the first part of his birthday adventure, I sent him up to the temple where my roommate was waiting for him to give him his first clue. She handed him an authentic looking letter that was sealed with wax (my roommate Anne busted out the wax and a quill pen w/ ink that I used to write the clues!). He was super excited to start the journey. At each place I sent him he found a small little "treasure" and a cheesy little line.... for example, I gave him an apple at one place and told him that he is "the Adam to my Eve." He ended up at my car where I went out and blind folded him to take him on a picnic dinner. I drove him out to a really neat place we found with some friends a week ago. We instantly fell in love with it because it is gorgeous!!
After eating there, we drove around, saw a few construction sights (yes... he is a construction major and loves that stuff!) and then I took him back to his apartment where our friends were waiting to surprise him. My lovely roommates were very kind and decorated his place with streamers and balloons while we went on our little picnic. He was really happy to see everyone there and was thoroughly surprised! It was great! :)


2 comments:
Looks like fun!! And boy is he a looker. Don't tell Josh I said that. =)
Sounds like you had a good time. You are very clever. Loved seeing you there at school.
Post a Comment