I've decided I am like a box of crayons. Use your imagination and the imagery will come easily. Some days I feel like sunshine yellow, other days I feel like pink lemonade. Occasionally I feel like aqua blue, or some times a shade of forrest green. Some days I feel like dirt brown or an especially deep shade of earnest maroon. Frequently through out the day my color changes. I can go from groggy gray to honey orange- or from honey orange to pensive violet. Despite the fact that I try to color my day with only the bright, pretty colors, the deep and some times ugly colors have their place in my coloring book too. Although I would like to say I tend to stray away from dark colors, I would be lying if I said that I didn't like them in moderation. It is those dark colors that make me want my bright, sky blue and cheery pink back. It is the dark that helps me become introspective, and gets me to focus on the big picture. No matter my bias and adoration for the cheerful, in my crayon box I'll keep the light and bright mixed together with the deep and dark so I can become the best picture I can be.
Friday, December 26, 2008
A Crayon of Me~
I've decided I am like a box of crayons. Use your imagination and the imagery will come easily. Some days I feel like sunshine yellow, other days I feel like pink lemonade. Occasionally I feel like aqua blue, or some times a shade of forrest green. Some days I feel like dirt brown or an especially deep shade of earnest maroon. Frequently through out the day my color changes. I can go from groggy gray to honey orange- or from honey orange to pensive violet. Despite the fact that I try to color my day with only the bright, pretty colors, the deep and some times ugly colors have their place in my coloring book too. Although I would like to say I tend to stray away from dark colors, I would be lying if I said that I didn't like them in moderation. It is those dark colors that make me want my bright, sky blue and cheery pink back. It is the dark that helps me become introspective, and gets me to focus on the big picture. No matter my bias and adoration for the cheerful, in my crayon box I'll keep the light and bright mixed together with the deep and dark so I can become the best picture I can be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I was really hoping we'd have time to color in your Van Gogh book or the other one while you were home. Alas!
miss you already!
Will you please blog about Richard finally? If you don't, I will. Also, maybe add him to your facebook as "In a Relationship With..."!!! =)
Post a Comment