Sunday, September 7, 2008

Back in the Berg


"I'm baaack!" Friday I made the long haul to Idaho. The drive went superbly well besides the fact that my toosh fell asleep and was miserably uncomfortable. I caravanned with Rachel Carlisle, and we made great time. All of my roommates seem like they will be awesome! Two of them are not here yet, although one of them stopped in for a little bit to drop a few things off. My ward seems like it will be super enjoyable as well! There are lots of people to meet, so now I just need to get the guts up and actually TALK to people! haha, I don't know what my problem is, but I am having a hard time being gutsy enough to talk to people. I'm praying real hard that Heavenly Father will help me have the courage to not be such a mental little thing. I just have a hard time with the whole "So.. what's your name? major? family? How long have you been going to school?" ordeal. It's the easiest way to get to know people, but it's such a dead give away that you don't know the person, and that you're pulling from the "GENERIC QUESTIONS BOX" for easy conversation. Some day I will learn how to ask questions that will help me get to know the person without being so generic... or maybe I'll just become mute? 

3 comments:

mom/Anne said...

Never you fear, sweet baby girl! Here are some sure-fire NON generic questions to start off a conversation with any perfect stranger from BYU-I:
1. Hey! How's your food storage coming along?
2. So, who's your favorite general authority?
3. Have you decided what you're going to be for halloween this year?
4. Can you believe the price of gas these days???
5. What's your favorite Leave it to Beaver episode?
6. McCain or Obama?
7. What do YOU think Mona Lisa was smiling at?
8. Do you think the world is really going to end on Dec 21st 2012?
9. Hey! I didn't know you were out of jail already!
10. Have you heard of Josh Rohatinsky? He's a famous runner. He's my brother-in-law. Yeah. I know I'm cool.

So. . . There you are. When you've used all those up, just let me know and I'll help you out with some more fresh and original conversation starters.

love ya!!

Rohatinsky Family said...

Haha. I like what Anne said! Just ask those Q's and you'll find yourself surrounded by friends. =) I especially like the part about Josh! I don't know if you know this but I'm pretty important.... People know me! (That was a line from Anchorman.) Anyhow, you'll do great at school- just strut your stuff and you'll be making friends (and companions- wink wink) in no time! (PS. Logan says hi and he wants to know if you want to play soccer?)

Those crazy Lewis' said...

That is funny by Anne...and true! Can't believe that your starting another year. You better break out the anti-aging cream. Your gonna need it grandma:)