
Lately I've become really irritated by the pessimism that I get fed over my career choice- "Oh.. you're going to be a teacher... good luck with that!" (chuckle, chuckle, role of the eyes). "Kids are so horrible these days..." (exasperated sigh). Part of me wants to kung foo these perfect strangers butts into shape and rant saying something like, "Wake up and smell the coffee stinker! YOUR choices, YOUR parenting, YOUR influence can make a difference in these 'horrible' kidos lives! And thank God I'm willing to do the job that you're too chicken to do!" But of course I would never have the guts to say anything like that, so I revert to my only option- douse them with optimism! As Mary Poppins would sing, "Just a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down, the medicine go down, the medicine go down..." So I sing, "Just a spoon full of optimism makes the pessimism go down, the pessimism go down, the pessimism go down..." Instead of just listening to them burst my bubble with their needles of negativity, I'm going to say every good thing I can think of at the moment, and then pray that their eyes are opened to the good that's in the world and in the profession of teaching :)


4 comments:
jessi!! you crack me up!! i'm going to kung foo you. that makes me laugh so hard!!! teachers are amazing, and you'll be fantastic!!!
Amen sista! Good for yoU!
You go girl! You'll be so awesome. let me know where you'll be teaching. We just might have to move there so you can teach my kids. They already look up to you SO much. Adrienne
Jessi! that is a great blog! I love it!
Post a Comment