The other week, I was talking to Jena, and she gave me the positive challenge to focus on all the things Richard does for me. After observing and making note of all the kind things Richard does, I decided that I needed to do something to celebrate his goodness and show him how much I appreciate him! Thus, "HUBBY APPRECIATION NIGHT" came to be. I roped my amazing friend Whittlee Hamblin into doing it with me, and the two of us went to work planning a fun date night to show our husbands how wonderful we think they are!
The day started off with the boys getting an invitation:
The boys came over after we had it all set up, and were escorted into the fort for dinner. We were so excited to have this yummy meal, so we all dug in with a fierce appetite. Much to our dismay... I put way too much red pepper in the food... so, we all broke out in a light sweat, tears ran down our cheeks, and well... we had to blow our noses a number of times. Haha... That's what I get for not putting two and two together (red peper= HOTTTT!)


2 comments:
What a great post. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I loved seeing your activities. Dad and I had a good laugh over your red hot dinner. Only because we can relate, having made similar mistakes in the past. Just ask Jeremy MacDonald about the Smokin' Hot Edward Enchiladas I made when we had them to dinner one night. Thankfully he did a great job of pretending to like them. :)
How much fun is that?! Awesome job, Jess. Cant friggin' WAIT till March! We need to chat soon for realskies!
Post a Comment