Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Time Was Here

We have officially had one of the nicest Christmas breaks ever! It kicked off with going down to Logan to spend a little pre-game time with dad, Travy, and Nana, then ended up with the whole crew (minus our lovely B&M duo + baby!) It was so nice to get to spend such quality time together.
Now, seeing that my parents have the nicest camera on the face of the planet (I covet), we took most pics on there, but these are the ones we have from our camera :) (I actually have more than I realized...)


In SLC, we took the tracks when we went into the city center. It was a fun little adventure for the nephews. Logan kept calling it the "choo choo". He and Shaffer were just the cutest things on the face of the planet!

When we first got together, Shay was feeling pretty sick, so he had a hard time being content with anyone besides Jena. Thankfully the two of us look enough alike that I passed his picky standard and got to snuggle lots with my baby!



Richard and I just love Christmas lights! We were eating it up :)

We went and sang Christmas carols in the Energy Solutions Arena. It was fun to feel the Christmas spirit.

We also went and saw the lights on temple square. Richard had never seen them before, so it was really fun to show them off to him!

We got to go see the play, "White Christmas" and boy was it FABULOUS! The backdrops were incredible and they did a nice job with the performing.

This was the view from our hotel room. Talk about AWESOME! And not to mention that the bed was about 3X's bigger than our bed at home! (switching from a full to a king is a pretty luxurious switch!)



While in Logan, Richard and Travis went on a fun hike on the hill behind Nana's house. They had a blast and took some nice pics at the top.


As a fun part to our trip, we did a little shopping. Jena and I have nearly the exact style, so we have nearly identical outfits.




It was so nice to have Ty and Alan there with us, even for a few days. I wish we lived closer to them so that we could get together more often.

Little Shay was so fun to get to snuggle with. I got to play "Incredible, Awesome Aunty" with him and put him down for his nap a few times. If my heart wasn't already melted by this little boy, it melted then!
A few of us got to go play on the rock walls. It was awesome! It scared me a bit at first due to the height, but once I got over it, I became addicted.

Jena, Josh, Richard, and Travis all went snowboarding one day. I stayed home to get some quality time with my nephews (it was totally worth it!) I learned a new respect for my sister and how she is a fabulous mom.



While snowboarding, Travis started feeling REALLY sick. He came close to passing out, and this is a literal picture of how he was looking. Scary. Thankfully after getting some food into him, he felt a lot better and tore up the hillside.



Of course we had to make time for some CRAFTS! It was way fun. Jena found a picture of a cute wreath with fabric flowers on it, so we went to work making them. I also made a few hair clips out of the flowers. They are stinkin' cute if you ask me.

Despite the fact that I look quite drab in this picture, this i the finished product!


Lastly, the beautiful Logan temple! It's amazing! I really want to go through that temple some time.


2 comments:

mom/Anne said...

I love the pictures you put on your blog! Very nicely done. Boy did we ever have fun!!!
Love you hun!

Meagan at Shearendipity said...

Next time you're in Logan, let me know! We'd totally go through the temple with you guys! It's amazing inside and out! You'd love it, I'm sure!