Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Free Time, What?!

Life after graduation is what I've been looking forward these 3 1/2 years of college. Free time, sleeping in, reading good books, cleaning my ever so dirty house, and simply doing NOTHING.
Now that I've had about a week of that heavenly goodness, I'm going mental! Poor Richard is preparing for finals and all I want him to do is pay attention to ME. I find me coaching myself like this-Side one: "Jessica, he's been at class all day, he probably just wants to lay down and have some quiet time." Side two: "RICHARD, RICHARD GUESS WHAT?! OH, RICHARD! LOOK AT THE BATHROOM! I CLEANED IT! DOESN'T IT LOOK GOOD?! HEY RICHARD, WHAT CHA DOIN' LOVE? HOW YA DOIN'? HOW WAS YOUR DAY? WHAT'D YOU DO? DID YOU LiKE IT?" Side one: "SHUT UP and let him be!" It's a vicious cycle.

So while my hubby is furthering his education and being a good little student.... I'm doing this:


Then trying to remind myself to let him do a little of this alone:


Once that fails, and I finally break him down, we end up doing random things like having our "sickest jump" contest where we see who can do the best jump onto our mongo lovesac:

Then, we go and enjoy the temple a whole bunch!

And well, I put on my extra spicy, hot heels to even further distract his focused mind (it works occasionally ;))


Oh, I'm so glad he loves me still. I'm a whole lot to handle.

*On a different note. We got to go see The Forgotten Carols with our friends, Gavin and Tara Martin (she's due in March, and they simply are the most fun couple!)
I was so excited for the show! Upon getting to our seats, I look at the cute couple in the row in front of us and think, "Gee wiz, that looks a whole lot like Tadd Baker... I should just be gutsy and ask if he's a Baker." After a couple minutes of contemplating if I should be brave, I mustered up my courage, and sure enough it was him! I love how small this big world of ours is sometimes!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

tehehe! I like this post, you funny kids. Can we please visit each other?! My baby wants to hang with the Constantines!

Brooke Smith said...

That looks just like an apartment I used to live at for a semester at BYU-Idaho!!! Is it called University Courtyard or something like that?? Haha.

The Constantines said...

Laur, we definitely need a visit! Will you be in Logan for Christmas? That's when we're headed down... so we can play then if you're there! :) And I need some Oaklen time... haven't seen him in forEVER!

Brooke- It is! They're so lovely, small, and close to campus!

The Mortenson's said...

Jess, that post was hilarious....and so familiar! Its hard not to bombard a husband with questions and conversation when you haven't seen him all day! When Brad starts studying it gets even worse for me with the comments and conversation. Miss you guys!