Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Lincoln Memorial

Alright, I realized after publishing the other post that I neglected the Lincoln Memorial pics, and that simply wasn't acceptable. The Lincoln Memorial was one of my favorite things of the day, so here are the pictures and info I have to torture you with!!
*Oh, and if any of you ever have the chance to visit the Lincoln Memorial (or any of DC for that matter), I shout, "DO IT!!!!" It's an incredible experience that you won't regret! On your walk towards the Lincoln Memorial, you see this awesome display. It is for the war vetrans- it has a column for every state, and a pillar representing the Atlantic and the Pacific oceans. It helps you feel a deeper gratitude for those who've done so much to make our nation what it is and who have preserved its beauty.
We're proud of our home states :)


The looking glass- almost to the Lincoln Memorial!

(The Lincoln Memorial is right behind us- there were SOO many people there!)
And there he is... The big Lincoln Statue. It's hard to be in places where significant history is portrayed and not feel its significance.

Hot and sweaty, but happy!


Another view of Pres. Lincoln.

Saying good-bye to our favoirte memorial...!

And one more shot of Richard by the Washington Memorial (he was amazed by the structure of the monument).

2 comments:

mom/Anne said...

I think Lincoln is my favorite monument, too.

If you return you should try to go into the National Archives building to see the original Declaration of Independence and other amazing documents.

Rohatinsky Family said...

FUN! I want to go to DC so bad. You two are so cute together. All these pictures make me miss you like crazy...it has been waaaayyyy too long.