Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Morning Schedule!

Mornings for us Constantines are always a little special... Although we are newlyweds, you wouldn't think so by our sleep schedule. Each night we go to bed around 9:30PM to accommodate our 5:30AM mornings. Weekends are rather pathetic when we come home around 9:45 exhausted, and see aunt Kim and uncle Lee, who are in their 50s, partying harder and later than us young-ins! All in all, our lives are good, I just thought I'd give you a taste of the routine ;) (yes, to all of you mothers out there, this is a cake walk compared to what you do DAILY!) Alarm clock sounds at 5:30AM (yes, apparently the world functions at early hours, who knew? I thought it was a rule to sleep until at least 8;))
Richard gets all spiffed up for work.
I go downstairs half awake and make him his lunch and breakfast (it's really hard to make pb&j and pour a bowl of cereal. What a lucky man;))
Then Richard races down (we usually are in a time crunch by this point), pours the milk in his cereal (I can't do this part- I like too much milk in my cereal and he likes hardly any in his), then races out the door with a parting kiss to me.
I sulk for a second that he is gone for the day, then head back up stairs to catch a few more winks until my day begins.
How lovely it is to be able to fall asleep again! Poor Richard gets the shaft here.

1 comments:

mom/Anne said...

Nice job making breakfast Jess! Where'd you get the recipe? jk looks like you guys are having fun. I'm so glad.
hugs!
mom