Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What We're Up To

Monday (yest.) I had the day off from work, and decided to get all domestic with the home cookin! I busted out the lovely recipe tin (the one Julie gave me for HS graduation... love it still!) and went to town on cooking a gourmet meal. I made stuffed manicotti (thanks to Jena and Chris Ashby), peanut butter balls (Jena, thanks again), and "marimoms amazing rolls" (thanks Julie for the recipe!) I was tickled pink to have everything turn out so yummy and delicious, and was even more excited that I didn't burn one piece of food!


Other exciting things filling our lives are the people at Wal Mart.... as I was checking out I just couldn't help sneak out my phone and take a picture of this woman. Thank you associate at Wal Mart for making me laugh!
Richard and I were invited to go to Symphony featuring Saint Sean with Uncle Lee and Aunt Kim. We loved it and were so grateful for the chance to go to something so wonderful!

We've been trying to see neat things here and there when we have time, and this is just one of the many places to see in VA. Monument Ave is really neat and lively- it would have been fun just to have walked the streets, but we were on a bit of a time crunch.

Richard and I heard of this awesome old school theatre (the Byrd Theatre) that now plays new movies for cheep (it cost us $4 to go see a movie... I'll take that!) The theatre has an old organ that rises from the orchestra pit, and the night we were there a man actually played for 15 min for us! It was AMAZING!!! He played all the classic old songs, and made me a happy mama :)

And last but not least, we just sold Richard's truck and bought this new jeep! Yahoo for investments. We really felt prompted to sell the truck and everything went smoothly upon doing so. The day after Richard listed the truck we got a call with a good offer, they came to see it, loved it, and a few days later came back and purchased it. In the mean time we scrambled to find a new car, and came across this one, felt GREAT about it, and bought the 2003 Cherokee with only 88,000 miles on it and in great condition. When the Lord wants something done boy does He get it done!

2 comments:

Rohatinsky Family said...

You guys are so cute. Good job with all the food. I'm so impressed little Mrs. Constantine. Do you want to be my personal chef?
And you know my style for sure- I would cut off my right arm for that house! WOOOOOOWWWWW!!!! It looks so pretty there. I bet the houses are super expensive there, huh?

mom/Anne said...

Love the car! Love the houses. Love that you are enjoying cooking. Love that you can have so much fun doing wonderful things. I would have enjoyed the organ playing and the symphony. Love you so much!