Thursday, December 31, 2009

A trip to Vacaville and San Fran.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I am not sure anything comes close to the joy of being home with your family, cozied up by the fire with the glow of the Christmas tree in the back... Mmm, I love this time of year!

Here the San Fran adventure begins!!
Some man came up to us and said, "Oh, let me take your picture!" We didn't know quite how to react. He was really nice though and took several photos for us. I was fearful that he would turn and run with the camera, but that was just me being paranoid. He was a really nice gent.
Tiffany & Co. Yes, we went in. True, we weren't even looked at as possible buyers. Correct, I didn't even want anything there (hello price tag!)
How can you go wrong with such a huge Macy's?!
Looking down on Union Square.
Up high in the Macy's store~ the view was so lovely.
We thought this was an interesting way to design a road, oh the uniqueness of San Fran!
Walking through the tunnel- It was a little creepy and yes, stinky.
China Town! Welcome to a new country inside of San Fran!
Of course we found the fish market in China town... gag me. It stunk horribly.
We stopped in to this little Catholic cathedral and found these sweet elementary kids practicing for a program they were to do. The cathedral was so ornate and gorgeous!
Richard just doin' his thing.. mmm mmm!
Time to strike a pose... oh dear!
Richard and I hiked up this monster hill to get to Coit tower. This picture is one of my favs, but I want to kick whoever threw the bottle in the bush...
Just striking a pose with Columbus himself... No big deal.
After walking all morning/ afternoon, Richard and I finally got a bite to eat- Clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl! How could two starving chillins go wrong? It was divine and this is my attempt to show just how happy the soup made me!

Ghiradelli Square! All the chocolate you can imagine :)
I find this picture ridiculously handsome...
We made a trip to Cold Stone as a little treat to ourselves. It was delish. I am such a fan of ice cream.
This map shows how far we had walked that day. We started out where my left hand is and were at Pier 39 where my right had is. It was quite the walking day, but we had a blast! (The drizzle destroyed my hair, but who cares when you're having fun!)
In the center of Pier 39 there is this beautiful carousel, I don't know if I've ever seen a double decker like this one before!
The bay in San Fran, sadly the sea lions all had gone to bed somewhere else so we didn't get to see many.
While at Pier 39, Richard got called up to participate in a little act this juggler/magician was doing... he was a little less than thrilled, but was a good sport and made the magician's trick a success!
The Christmas tree at Pier 39 in San Fran.
After visiting San Fan, we went to the Oakland temple to see all the Christmas lights. It was a full house over there! The sister missionaries were doing a lovely musical production, so many people were there to see/hear it. It was nice the visitor center so full and to have such a big number of people coming to see the temple.
Our trip to the Oakland temple~ how we love :)
Richard took me to a place called Candy Cane Lane in Vacaville where all the houses on that street are lit up to the max! It was so fun and beautiful~ Christmas lights are my absolute favorite.
Someone had this awesome Santa out, so how could we refuse to take a picture with him?

This is what most of the houses looked like- legit right?!