Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Summer Around the Corner

I have never been more excited for the month of June to roll around in my life! That's saying something big since it's typically marked by my birthday, Richard's birthday, and once upon a time, school letting out. Three out of the four members of our family will share June as their birthday month. We're just waiting to see what day baby C picks as his special day. I hope it comes quickly...

William is growing like crazy. He is babbling a lot and saying "ut-oh!", "nigh nigh", and of course "mama" "dada". Not much else, though he tries. He has learned to give us kisses and hugs, enjoys playing with his cars and trucks, and is basically full of life and energy!

We've been working on completing our backyard some more. We filled in our three planter boxes with topsoil recently, and are attempting to grow plants. We'll see how well they do. We got a small pop-up pool that has been really enjoyable! Will and I played out in it for an hour today with some friends. It's large enough for big mama to fit, but shallow enough that Will can touch the bottom and walk around.

Richard is working hours that hold no comparison to his last job. It's nice to actually see my sweetheart! We've been going on walks in front of our house after we lay Will down for bed (always so the house is in our sights). It's a nice time for us to tune into each other. I love Rich's adventurous spirit and positive support. I've been feeling really emotional lately about how impossibly huge I feel, and he has been a superb strength.

Speaking of impossibly huge... We had an ultrasound last Thursday. Baby C is measuring around 6 lbs, so we anticipate a close to 8 lb baby. Everything looked great on him, and despite me not being able to breathe or receive blood to my legs because of laying on my back, I enjoyed seeing our boy. I am anxious to meet this little one and begin the adventure of raising two children. I pray a lot to qualify to be their mother... One thing I am learning repeatedly is that I don't come close to knowing all the answers. I just hope the Lord sees that I'm doing my best.

We're really blessed in a lot of ways. I never thought I'd live in Vegas, but here we are, and we feel privileged to live where we do! Our neighbors, ward members, and friends are incredible. We are looked after, and I feel like that is a huge blessing.





























0 comments: