As many of you've read on Jena's blog, she found this amazing book by Chieko N. Okazaki, titled Lighten Up! As a special request, for Christmas my sweetie got me the book. Let me tell you, that was such a marvelous gift! Lately I've been feeling somewhat in between with my life. I'm done with college (yahoo!), so I no longer have school consuming my attention, but I'm not in the "mommy" phase yet. I've been working so hard at accomplishing school, that now that it's gone I feel like I'm in limbo before we start that exciting adventure called "expanding the family".

This had me anxious for a bit, but as I've sought comfort, I've come across this passage that totally rings true to me! She expresses, "What is your season [of life]? What are its special challenges, its unique knowledge, its delightful rewards? Rejoice in them. Do not worry that they are different from the discoveries of another season or from someone else's season. Do things in order. Meet this season of your life wholeheartedly" (Lighten Up! , 34). So with that, here is my resolve: I am going to love this "in between" time! I'm going to wake up and take advantage of all the "free" time I have, make the crafts I've been putting off, read the books I've been itching to get to, learn how on earth to become a gospel doctrine teacher (with my cute hubby!), and I'm going to love all the yummy meals I can make :)
It's okay to be different: I'm okay with being different.


1 comments:
Thanks for this post! I've been having similar feelings about my life lately and this post just helped. Sounds like I have a new book to read! Have fun with all of the cooking and crafts!
-Nicole
Post a Comment